Saturday, February 12, 2011

I feel excited about work.

It's been very difficult piecing together all the moving parts, and at the same time trying to figure out how best I can add value 1) without making people feel insecure, 2) after I gain enough expertise on the subjects, 3) while balancing the time needed to build expertise and time needed to persuade and talk to people. The more I stretch myself, the more shaky the ground becomes.

And I realise the reason why it all feels so big and difficult to manage is because all the issues are actually about building the future Singapore. All the discussions about smart cities / future cities / social fabric, it is really very big-picture and that's why it is so difficult to grasp it (the way i seize a problem and try to solve it). And every part keeps moving, I try to keep an eye out on their directions, speed, and their drivers, but its another challenge for my P personality. My new notebook has filled up incredibly fast, and I find myself thinking about my to-do list practically every moment of the day (minus at netball) just because there are so many things to check on, to push, to remind. The hardest part is sitting down and putting in all together.

It's quite mindblowing, really. I suppose I never really saw it in its entirety, but I'm happy its starting to emerge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home