Monday, July 28, 2008

I was looking through my blog archives to find the name of my tennis racquet, when I found this:

I will present here the secret to enjoying olives.


The key is first impression. At the sight of an olive, one must suppress the assumption that since it looks like a currant or grape, it should taste sweet and sour.

Once this is achieved, the rest comes naturally.

It reminded me of many things, but more than anything, I realise that I have changed. Because I like black olives now. I like them so much I'd eat a plate of them on their own. Times have changed!


People change too. Well at least they appear to change, though I suspect deeper inside everyone's personality and character doesn't really change. But depending on who they hang out with or maybe, who they want to hang out with, they adapt behaviorally.

So my racquet is Bandit. It has emerged from hibernation and now works out once a week. I picked up tennis at MIT, and I remember cycling very fast from Tang Hall to the courts so as to warm up in the cold weather.

I miss you-in-Taipei now :P Stay safe and I hope you have a good time despite the typhoon! I will have them coffee cookies ready when you come back :)

Today I will get a new badminton racquet!


And then there are those days
When silly thoughts linger for a bit
I daydream
of Pirouettes and Piroulines
of Pyramids and Pot Pies
of Grand Canyon and the Hopewell Rocks
of the Atlantic City Boardwalk
of Late night interstate drives

But they melt repeatedly
like my heart, sometimes
And I realise,
that my problem is that i really care






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home