Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday again.

I want to watch the Sox game. And then I want to watch the Patriots play, plus the Celtics!!
I miss the never ending sports season in the US.... So many evenings were spent in front of the tv, laptop and notes beside me, pretending to be doing work but in reality watching 3 hour games and burning the midnight oil after that.

And then waking hours are spent waiting for Monday night football, Thursday night NBA games, Sunday football, Tuesday NBA. Rooting for teams and players and then switching sides and rooting for others.

Towards the end of each season, meals and trips to the supermarket are planned around the games so as not to miss a second of tv time, oven-bakes and stews are preferred to minimise preparation time, and bags of chips and snacks are wolfed down as the Patriots or the Spurs score touchdowns and goals.

Miss those times.

And I miss the people I used to enjoy the tv sports with. Everyone has moved on or is moving on. I am too, but a lot of the time I feel very very sentimental about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home